Sunday, September 19, 2010

Covered my design wall finally, and a quilt that needs finished!

This is a small design wall, as I do mostly wall hangings. But there is room to grow on that wall if I need to!  I covered the foam board with Sandcastle "quilted fabric" that I aged. I had two pieces, so where they meet, I'm going to put some ric rac or something fun. I covered the nails with buttons!  I know I should put some flannel on it, so I wouldn't have to use pins to hold my blocks up, but I like it. It is all changeable after all! I don't think that is a word, but I like it too!  I really would like to paint the walls a pumpkin color, so when I get around to that, I will probably make the design wall bigger and cover it with flannel. I will, of course, have to age the flannel and make it look nice and grungy!  I hope you all are sewing or doing something you love! I decided to come downstairs to be with my honey for the rest of the evening. It was a nice relaxing day!  Changeable must be a word, because spell check didn't seem to care about it! ha!

2 comments:

  1. Love your design wall and the quilt you are working on.
    You blog looks really nice, love the banner and colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! The Quilt is a Kim Deihl design, from one of her books! We had her as a guest teacher for a workshop a couple of summers ago! Thanks for commenting! One day, I will figure out how to do some custom stuff with the blog and put hooked rugs and things in the background! Need some extra sittin' time!!! Jeni

    ReplyDelete