Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back from Long Beach!

Can you guess what I might be working on??? I was very inspired on my trip to Long Beach and shopping in southern California at great quilt shops!!!


 We are back from Long Beach! It was so much fun and the show was great!  Two of my Internet quilting group friends, Nora and Kathy, took a whole day out of their busy schedules to take me quilt shop hopping after the show! Kathy's hubby took mine golfing!  We went to Stars and Scraps quilt shop I believe in Corona, Temecula Quilt Company, Fat Quarters quilt shop in Vista, Quilters Coup in Temecula, and also in Temecula, the Wool Lady! We had fun, and I found so many great fabrics and patterns to buy in every shop! What? I already have a quilt shop and shouldn't need more fabric and patterns? Well, I do, but I can't possibly have seen everything and have it all now!  I actually liked two pieces of fabric so much, that I bought them both in two different shops! LOL! We met up with the men for dinner and parted. So sad, because I really had so much fun with them, and wish we lived closer to sew and shop together more! Thank you so much Kathy and Nora!! Oh, and Allen too!! Glen had a great time! 


The next day, my husband and I drove down to San Diego and I visited The Country Loft! It was wonderful and they were all so welcoming and nice! I shopped till I dropped in there also! It would have even been more fun with my new friends, but they were going on vacation!  I had fun visiting with Sharon the owner, Jo Ann Mullaly the Wool Crazy lady! They have pictures on their blog of my visit! I don't know what I was thinking,  and didn't take pictures at each shop! I must have been in awe of the shops and couldn't think straight! I have a few I will post on here though! We also drove to Coronado Island and walked on the beach a while! We used to go there when we were first married and stationed there in the Navy! Fun to go back, but also very happy to be home! 

This is a shot of our booth at the Long Beach show!


This is the Hotel Del Coronado!




9 comments:

  1. Welcome home Jeni, love the pic of you, Kathy and Nora. Your booth is awesome.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! We had so much fun! We talked about how we would all like to meet you someday also! Thanks for starting the group! It makes a smaller world!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and so fun to meet up with Kathy and Nora.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Debbie! We did and it was great to meet them! It would be fun to meet all the ladies on our group!

    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Glad that you combined business and pleasure - no fun just working all the time. Your booth is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeni.....I just found your blog through Robin's and I can tell I am going to like it over here! have to read some of your old posts now.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much, Linda! I'm glad you found me! Have fun reading the posts! I do ramble on sometimes! LOL!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeni,
    It was a wonderful day spent with you and Nora! I keep thinking of it over and over again. I just wish we could have had more time to make it down to Country Loft with you, but I'm glad you and Glen got to go there the next day. It is a wonderful shop too!
    Til we meet again,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete