Saturday, March 5, 2011

Doggie quilt Finished and auctioned off!

Here is a picture of the dog quilt I was making last week!  I got it all done, quilted and put it in the Humane Society's silent auction last Saturday! It went well, and I am going to make one for a lady who really really wanted it for her daughter by next Christmas! I don't normally make finished things for people unless I'm just making stuff for sale in the shop to sell, with no particular person in mind! No deadline or stress! Ha! But I do have till Christmas, so that is good! It did only take a few days to make after all, but with my A.D.D. (self diagnosed) I am already on to other things! LOL!  I wish the pictured showed the quilting better, not because I'm particularly great at it, but because in the little black border I quilted the words.....Good Dog, and Fluffy, all the way around!  In the pattern, by Kimberly Rado, that can be found on Fons and Porter's website under their Bonus Pattern's section, (Dog Daze,) you can see how they quilted the large border, which had things like that quilted in it! 
    Hope you enjoy the quilt!!         Jeni


            

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt Jeni and how wonderful that it benefited the SPCA! I am sure the lucky winner of the auction will treasure it for many years to come!
    I am also a self diagnosed ADD sufferer. I have MANY almost finished projects that I need to buckle down and get completed. You give me hope..:)
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jen! That turned out great! I'm envious of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tina, Sue and big sister Judy!! I really enjoyed making that quilt! I hope to make another to give as a baby gift some day! A couple of gals at the shop are making them for gifts also! Thanks to Kim Rado for designing it! Judy, you are very talented too! Cranking out those quilts for your cabin!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable and love that you quilted the words around the edge! Too cool! Lucky person who will get this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling quilt and such a great idea for the Humane Society!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! I think I'll have to make another! Those cute doggies!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete