Thursday, March 5, 2015

Free sew along, last Block!!!!! (19)

I hope you are all staying warm if you live where it is Winter! We got about 10-12" of snow during the evening last night until this afternoon. I think it's beautiful, and I don't really have to go out in it except to go out to my sewing room. I did some shoveling though, and threw snowballs at Chester! He loves the snow! I wish I had taken a picture of him having fun, but I couldn't take them while playing! Maybe when the hubby comes home.

This is looking out my sewing room/office window! Pretty!

I didn't realize I was looking through the screen! Haha!

 

Since I was busy preparing for the Spring time Blog Hop, I procrastinated on the last block of the sew along. But here it is! I hope you know how to paper piece! If not, we will be making a video for our Primitive Quilts and Projects YouTube channel very soon! If you wanna make it RIGHT NOW, there is a wonderful paper piecing tutorial at Fons and Porters website! It's not a tough one, but you will want to give yourself bigger pieces of fabric than you think, just to make sure it covers! The foundation pattern will be downloadable from my website, any time now...just sent it to the web lady!

This block finishes at 4" x 6" once sewn into your quilt! Make sure when you trim the sections while paper piecing, that you leave 1/4" seam allowance past the dark solid drawn line! I'm thinking a bunch of these would make an awful cute quilt! I designed the block with EQ-7, just so you know!

Next week sometime, I'll start posting how to sew it all together! Then........the borders!

Thanks so much for following along, and keep warm!

Jeni

 

 

14 comments:

  1. That snow is unbelievable! Love your last block. This quilt is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love stars, love that you make it wonky and 4 x 6! Thanks sew much for this fun sew along. Time to fess up, I'm collecting but haven't started sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the snow you are getting when I am sitting outside in brilliant sunshine here in NZ. I love your last block. I know I will have fun making it up. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star! Thanks for doing the sew-along! I was wondering if there was a way to put all the block directions in one place? I'm behind and wanted to print them off! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jeni, The star is really cute. I have fallen a little behind but I will defiantly get back to this one, It is just too cute not to finish!! Thanks for doing this for us. You have a beautiful view to sew by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to piece the star and it doesn't work anyway I have tried. I surely will need a tutorial on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leona, I will try to do a tutorial. Did you go look at the Fons and Porter paper piecing tutorial?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Fun scrappy star! Oh snow.....can you share some with me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your wool appliqué!
    Nice winter photos, we hadn't much of it this winter, but spring is coming now and I like it!

    Thank you for your sweet reaction on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! I've just found this site and want to know where I can get all the patterns to catch up? The snow looks pretty in your yard, but here, after feet and cars get in it, it's grey and ugly. I do believe we've had enough snow for this season. I love your blog. Sharon K. Lozano slozano5@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to find all the patterns too!!! And is your Sunnyside Sampler still available to purchase?

    ReplyDelete