Monday, September 29, 2014

Free Primitive Sew Along, layout so far, and part 7!

Some of you have asked how the layout will be. I haven't sewn the parts together yet, so don't worry! That will come! Here is how I plan to lay out the blocks we have so far! I would wait to sew anything together though, so it will fit nicely once it's ready!

I'm including directions for the next part, but the templates may not be up on my website yet.... Maybe in the next day or so! But so you could see the photo, I'm including it!

 

For each of the little blocks below, you will need a 5" square background. My basket is made from brown textured hand dyed wool, whip stitched down with brown wool thread. The flower is red hand dyed wool, stitched down with long stitches held together in the middle of the flower with a small tack stitch. The stem is back stitched with hand dyed green perle cotton thread, from my Valdani Collection on my website, and lazy daisy stitches for the leaves! After the appliqué is complete, trim the block to 4 1/2" square!

For the pumpkin, I used hand dyed velvet, I purchased from Blackberry Primitives, and a tiny piece of hand dyed brown wool for the stem. I turned the edges under for the velvet appliqué, so I needed to add 1/4" seam allowance to the template. If you are using wool, you won't need the addition of the seam allowance. I used cotton brown thread to back stitch the detail lines on the pumpkin. Trim block to 4 1/2" square, once appliqué is done!

Enjoy!!

Jeni

 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Jeni, 2 more wonderful little blocks. I am right up to date and I am looking forward to starting block 7. I will try to send some photos of my progress so far but I just need to work out how to go about attaching photos first. New technology for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Barbara!! That's great you've kept up!! I need to work faster and get ahead again! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Wow...I love your designs!! I'm hoping to sew these!!! You have such a creative mind!! I love that about our family!! We aren't afraid to create!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! You do too! I can't wait to see your new studio!!

      Delete
  3. neat idea to use the velvet for the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie, it's really nice to work with!

      Delete
  4. Just found this...Do you have a PDF of this or do I have to copy and paste...i work 2 jobs and con not do this right now but I really like it and want to do it later in life....
    D. G. L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Glad you found me! Go to my website, www.woolenwillowdesigns, and download the templates. The written directions of the blocks, are in the past 7 or 8 blog posts! I hope you get to make it!
      Thank you, jeni

      Delete