Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Woolen Willow retail store is closing.

 

After 10 years of business with the retail shop, The Woolen Willow, we have decided after many prayers and lots of consideration to close our beautiful shop.  After our sister Judy retired from her day job to be able to give full attention to our magazine, Primitive Quilts and Projects, we have decided to do the same. The magazine is growing fast, and we need to be able to put our full attention to all the work that goes into making it. We have loved every minute of our shops history and without it, we wouldn't have even thought of doing a magazine, let alone be able to grow so big, and so fast with it!  We will start our liquidation sale today, and plan to be closed by the first of May. The Painted Cupboard will remain open, and will expand into the footprints of the quilt shop. There will be an area with beautiful hand dyed wools and also plaids and textures still in the shop, for those of you who love our wool, because I will also be needing to use the wools still myself! I will be designing quilts and wool projects from my home, and will be continuing our Open Craft night on Thursday nights and Small Quilts Club. I do plan on an occasional class also, so please keep in touch through the blog! My patterns will still be available through the website, and in distribution to Quilt Shops. Glen, my husband, is working on plans for a large studio behind our home which will make it wonderful for our sewing and  hooking groups and future classes! Yay for Glen!
   I want to thank all of our wonderful loyal customers and friends for the years you have been coming to our shop and supporting and encouraging Gretchen and I. We truly value each and every one of you! You are like family to us and we hope you will continue to visit the Painted Cupboard and see us at the Primitive Quilts and Projects office in the back of the shop! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll post again soon, and try to keep you updated on what is going on! For the next couple of weeks, we plan to have the Open Craft Night at the shop as usual on Thursday night!
   Love, Jeni

Check the Woolen Willow Facebook, for our public announcement, and more details.

8 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that the magazine is doing so well...it's by far my favourite magazine EVER!! I know that it has to be a ton of work to put it together and make sure it continues to have the high quality projects that we have come to expect! Your last issue blew me away it was SEW good! I am sorry that your store has to close...it looks like my kind of shop! At least the local quilters will be able to come stitch with you!! All the best with your new studio and here's to many, many years of producing a first rate magazine!! We THANK YOU for your sacrifices to achieve this! Take care and don't work too hard! :o))
    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much, Paulette. Your kind words of encouragement mean a lot. It really has been a difficult decision, and the response has been truly overwhelming! Thank you again, Jeni.

      Delete
  2. I am sad about the store closing. We have been stopping there on our way north to visit family each summer. With Fenton not producing glass, there is no reason to stop in your little town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, we hope you will still stop to see us, there will still be the Painted Cupboard part of our shop, and wool, and we will be there with the Magazine offices. We are sad to make everyone so sad! Thank you for commenting, and keep watch of the blog, maybe you will be traveling through when I hold a class or something! Jeni

      Delete
  3. Just found you. Beautiful shop picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very much! I loved moving things around and making new displays with the quilts! Glad you found me, welcome! Jeni

      Delete
  4. I just spent some time reading the comments on your Facebook page and my goodness, you're breaking those quilter's hearts. One even said they would rather see you give up the mag, but I think she was kidding. I know it must have been a difficult decision, but you wouldn't have made it if it wasn't necessary for you and your family to continue to build on your success with the magazine, your designs and continue to find time for yourself.
    take care, n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Nancy. It has been really emotional for us, that is for sure! We love all those people! It is very difficult to be spread into so many directions, and yes, for the sake of our fAmilies, and our stress levels, it's the right choice, even tho it's hard. It's been a great 10 years of a beautiful shop! Thanks again, for your kindness! Jeni

      Delete