Friday, April 14, 2017

Block 6, Farmhouse Threads and Friends, Summer blog hop!

Good morning stitching friends!

Today is my turn on the hop, thanks to Joyce Weeks, and Rhonda, for switching dates with me. I also want to thank all of you who sent up prayers of comfort for my family.

 

I was really happy to hear that this would be a patriotic themed quilt hop, because my Husband and I are both Navy Veterans!

Look how young! That was about 34 years ago!

Okay, on to what you have been patiently waiting for! Here is your block #6! I love flowers, and flags......

Click here for your downloadable pattern...http://www.woolenwillowdesigns.com/FTFblock6.pdf

And here is the link for a kit, if you would like one! http://www.woolenwillowdesigns.com/catalog.php?category=8

Don't forget to place your applique pieces on point! Here are your materials

2"x2" gold wool for star on vase

2 1/4" x 5 1/2" green wool for leaves

1/2" x 5" brown wool for flag pole

3 1/2" x 4 1/2" pumpkin wool for flowers

1 1/2" x 2" blue wool for flower centers

1 1/4" x 1 1/2" dark blue for star field

3" x 7" brown wool for vase

2 1/2" x 3 1/2" red wool for stripes

3 1/2" x 3 1/2" white wool for flag base and white star

3" x 5" green wool cut on bias for stems

 

Don't forget to reverse the pattern if you plan to fuse. You only need to cut red strips, and lay them on top of the white flag base.

When cutting the green stems....if you cut the whole piece on the bias, you can just cut strait stems, and then curve them as much as you need to, and pin in place. You can also still use a fusible web on this piece.....after you fuse, just cut the strips, peel off the paper and it will still curve to press in place!

Make sure to cut the stems long enough to tuck under the flowers and vase....for the leaves, I just butted them up close to the stems.

If you use a fusible, or want to try one...I love the "soft fuse" and do have some on my website! The next block will be at http://www.hearttohand.com with Kathi Cambell, next Friday!

 

Happy stitching, and Happy Easter,

Jeni

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen - could you tell me the size of the background fabric please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut your square at least 10 1/2"....should finish at 10", once sewn into quilt.

      Delete
  2. شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
    شركة المثالية للنظافة
    شركة المثالية الدولية للتنظيف
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بسيهات
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بجدة

    شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالقطيف
    شركة صيانة مسابح بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام

    افضل خدمات شركة المثالية للتنظيف بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية للتنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات والمقدمة بافضل جودة وارخص الاسعار حيث توفر شركة المثالية للتنظيف خصم 30% لجميع خدمات التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات وجلي البلاط اتصل الان واحصل علي خصومات شركة المثالية للتنظيف

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete