Good morning stitching friends!
After owning a quilt shop for over ten years, I have gathered that most people have a "color sense" that they love, and that it can be difficult to see a style without judging it by its color. If you saw my last blog post "Fear not, Primitive is not a color," you will know what I'm talking about! It was always fun to show a customer a quilt in a couple different color ways and see their reaction! So in honor of this idea......I would like to introduce you to my new Martingale/That Patchwork Place author buddy, Tonya Alexander. Her book "Stash Lab" is full of beautiful bright quilts!
I happened to meet Tonya at Quilt Market this past Fall when she came up to me before the School House presentation I was about to make. I was nervous about it, never having presented there before. You would think after many years of teaching classes and presenting to quilt guilds, that I wouldn't have been nervous.....but I was. Tonya said she was nervous too, but encouraged me and stayed to watch. I instantly thought to myself that she was "buddy" material!
A couple of months after Market, I was looking at Tonya's book, and decided to make that last post about style and color, and to play with a couple of Tonyas designs. I contacted Tonya, she played with some of my designs, and together with Martingale, we are launching a Challenge/Contest! Here are the details....
2. Reimagine, redefine, and remake that project in your own style, using your stash, your point of view, and your creativity. Change the colors, change the dimensions—even change the purpose of the project. It’s entirely up to you!
3. Post your finished project to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #mystashmystyle and share how you changed it up. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Complete steps 1-3 and you’ll be officially entered into the MY STASH, MY STYLE contest! So, what prizes are up for grabs?
Prize pack includes:
- A free one-year subscription to Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine, co-owned by Jeni Gaston, author of Primitive Style
- A specially curated bundle of fabrics from Tonya Alexander, author of Stash Lab
- A beautiful bundle of wool from The Woolen Willow
- A $50 gift certificate from publisher Martingale to spend at their website, www.shopmatingale.comhttp://blog.shopmartingale.com/
We hope you will play along with us, as we kick off the contest this week, with a giveaway of Tonya Alexander's e-book, STASH LAB, and of my e-book, PRIMITIVE STYLE. To be entered in the giveaway, leave a comment below about your stash style or a style you would like to try. We'll draw a winner on Wednesday, March 23rd so you can get started on your projects right away! There will be a winner from both Tonya's blog, and from mine, so be sure to go to Tonyas blog for a second chance to win!
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Have fun stitching!