Friday, June 6, 2014

What have I been up to?

Since the closing of The Woolen Willow quilt shop, I have been working at home for my job with our magazine. I go into the office a few times a week or so to pick up patterns that might need testing or corrected for the magazine, or templates. I also go in for meetings, and if my help is needed in the antique and gift shop we also run, called The Painted Cupboard. When I need to dye wool, which I still sell in the shop, I do that there also! In my free evening time and weekends, which haven't been free up till now, I get to sew or relax! This is what I've been working on.....

These are blocks I'm working on from an old Linda Brannock book called "Quilt Album" and the pattern is called Primitive Star. They are all appliquéd wonky, and don't have points! I saw it finished on another blog....I believe Homepunprimitives.blogspot.com, and asked her where it was from. I just love it!
This is a little sewing pocket I made for our retreat class at Blackwater Falls. It holds marking pens thread, scissors and pins! I can stick a few wonky star blocks in there too, and put it in my purse! It was fun to make, and I plan on doing up some patterns and maybe a few kits for when my new website is up and running!
Speaking of new website, it will be called www.woolenwillowdesigns.com! I hope you will come check it out!
So.....remember that new sewing room over the garage I told you about a couple posts ago??? Still waiting!!! The papers are all turned into the bank tho! Had to wait on our accountant to finish our taxes:( We have one estimate, and are waiting on another, then we should be able to start! I will definitely take pictures and share the process!
Okay, back to work for me!!! Have a terrific weekend!!
Jeni


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects and nice to make something wonky with no points, no way I could mess that up, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That is right, Debbie! Thank you!
      Jeni

      Delete
  2. Darn, I've tried to get on your new website but it isnt' working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new website is almost ready! I'll make a post here when it's up! Thank you!
      Jeni

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to sew in your new sewing studio!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope it gets built soon! Darn paperwork!

      Delete
  4. I always stop by the shop on my way from MI to WV to visit my dad. The new layout of the store looks great and I took home lots of treasures. Heading home on Tuesday, I couldn't resist stopping by again to grab some wool fat quarters. See you in the fall.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, soooo much, Kelly! Next time you stop, have the girls call me to come over to see you! I only live two blocks away!
      Jeni

      Delete
  5. Absolutely adorable! The earthy tones of your quilts are very pretty. I think the wonky stars add charm to the design. A great alternative to the straight edged cuts. That sewing pocket looks cute as well. Good job! :)

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are amazing, Jeni! What I like most is your sewing pocket. It looks like it’s quite hard to do. I sure hope your new website goes online really soon. If you're making quilts for other people, a website that's easily found helps a lot in getting clients! As we all know, more clients means more people can appreciate your work. Good luck with your quilts and website!

    Carolyn Figueroa @ Maximized Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve been a busy bee, Jeni! I love your crafts, and I’m pretty sure you’d never find it hard to sell them online. Anyway, I visited your site, and I really like how you made it. Your choice of colors is awesome, and you’ve added creative patterns for different crafts. I do hope you’d be able to update your site as often as possible; so that your clients, or prospective clients, are able to see new stuff they might be interested to buy. Have a great day!

    Della Meyer @ Spark Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete