Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fun Weaving Project!

Hello!
   Happy New Year,  first of all! I'm sorry to have been so long posting. I got sick right before Christmas, and well, I just got a little behind things again!  I'm feeling much better now, and last night we had our January Wool Club at the shop!  We made cute little woven mug rugs! I got out lots of strips left over from previous projects and bags of selvages from our hand-dyed wool! A fun time was had by all! Here are a few pictures!!
 
 
 




Remember the quilt I was making for my husband? WEllllllll....... I got it done, and my friend, Sandy put the binding on for me, to help keep the surprise. A couple days before Christmas I decided to wash and dry it before wrapping it up!  I took it out of the dryer, and the fabric I used for the border had disintegrated! Just in spots, but it was just ruined! I cried my eyes out and honey heard me and came running. So he saw his ruined surprise! I was pretty darn upset. But thankfully it was just the border, and I am cutting it off and putting on a new binding. It was just a 2" border, so it won't change the size too badly. Thank God I didn't use that fabric anywhere else in the quilt. It was older fabric from about 15 or so years ago, and a little looser weave than most quilting fabrics. I just loved it, so used it not thinking it would fall apart! Yikes!  I'll post a new picture of the quilt for you, as soon as I figure out why I can't insert a picture! Oh, he loves the quilt any way, and couldn't believe I took the time to make it for him! Yay!
  Okay, time to figure out the picture thing! Stay tuned!
       Jeni

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your projects and that is a shame about the quilt.
    I have washed some old curtains and lace and it fell apart, could kick myself for washing it in the machine.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I still couldn't get the pictures up this morning. I'll try when I get home tonight. Who knew fabric under 20 years old, kept inside in a nice sewing room would do that?!! I bought it new also! Sheesh!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear the fabric fell apart! I was just telling my daughter about things like that today as we were fabric lookin' in a hobby shop. Good thing your border wasn't too big, like you said!! So glad he liked it!! That's the most important part... And I had trouble the other day posting pics, then it worked the next day, so give it a try tomorrow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missie, I just tried the pictures again, with no luck. It doesn't even give me a bar to click in to search! Weird! Maybe tonight after I get home from the shop! And yep, he loved it and that is the best! I still haven't fixed it yet, so I'll take before and after pictures so I can post them! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. What crummy luck on the quilt border! Makes me wonder about some cherished fabrics I have. Maybe moral of the story is to use and buy more.
    I've heard there's a problem with posting photos so it is not just you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! I know! I hope to get it fixed this weekend. I like your idea of buying more! Haha! I still can't post pictures! Driving me nuts, cause I hate posting a new post without a picture!
      Jeni

      Delete